Saturday, June 30, 2012

Where does time go?

We always wonder that don't we?

On days when the minutes seem to crawl, or on days when the hours just fly by...how does that happen? No matter what, it always seems like there are not enough hours in the day...

I knew it had been a while since I last posted but I didn't realize it had been a month! Wow...where did the time go? Well, I'll fill you in a little.

I'm currently 34 1/2 weeks along and chugging through. As of tomorrow, I will be exactly one month away from delivery. If you don't know, I had a rough delivery with my oldest and elected to have a c-section with my second child (you can read more about that here). To continue the trend, I will have a c-section with this child and it is scheduled for Aug. 1st. SO, unless she decides to come early, we have a birthday.
So as well as feeling the weight and fatigue of being 8-9 months pregnant, I have been tending to my garden!

I don't think I mentioned it yet, but we did plant a garden this year. My mother and mother-in-law (as well as my husband, of course) helped get it started and it's coming along. A few of the things we planted are not coming up at all but I still have a decent variety...cherry and regular tomatoes, green beans, butternut squash, zucchini, watermelon, cucumbers, corn and lettuce. We also have a "volunteer" plant growing and I'm not 100% sure what it is but it looks like it could either be pumpkin or squash...time will tell.

Of course I've been keeping up with my couponing. I went a little over budget this month but I've been trying to stock up on a few things. I know that the next 4-5 weeks are going to only get more uncomfortable so I won't be up to many big shopping trips. And I don't forsee hopping out to the store during those first couple weeks after the baby comes, either, so I want to make sure that very little shopping needs to be done at that point.
I did get some freebies this week at King Soopers, as well as hitting up a couple deals at Albertsons and stocking up on bread at the Bakery Outlet. My refrigerators and freezers are full so I suppose we should get eating. :)

Other than that, I've been trying to keep on top of my Avon business, still trying to be a good mommy to my 2 toddlers, and getting things ready for the arrival of their little sister. Boxes have been sorted, garage sales have been shopped at, a baby shower was attended (I love my friends) and lots of laundry has been done.

I hope that you are all safe and surviving the heat. This has been a brutile summer already and it's not over yet.

Thanks for reading.

Love and filling in the big gap,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment