Thursday, May 31, 2012

The End of The Month

I hopped over (ok...I waddled over) to King Soopers this morning to do my weekly grocery shopping. We are pretty stocked up on things, and there isn't too much that's exciting me in the weekly ad (except some blueberries, YUM!), so my shopping list was short. However since it is the last day of the month, I still had a stack of coupons in my hand.

One of the ways that I keep myself organized is by pulling all the coupons that will be expiring that week out of my binder before I go to the store. That way they don't sit in my binder when they aren't good anymore, plus it gives me the chance to take one last glance to see if there are any unadvertised deals that will go with my expiring coupons. If the deal isn't top notch then I make the decision to toss the coupon, or leave it on the shelf for another customer (I usually do the latter).

Today I found a few deals and picked up these goodies...



Everything above cost me $3.11. Here's how...

Ban deoderant - on sale BOGO free (reg. $2.69). I used four $1 off coupons (yes, at King Soopers you can use 2 coupons on a BOGO deal as long as the coupons do not cause an overage) so they ended up being .34 each!

Banquet fruit pies - On sale for .79 each and I had a .40/2 coupon that doubled making them .39 each. A nice little treat...with some ice cream...yum!

Yakisoba noodles - On sale for $1.09 - used three $1 off coupons so they were .09 each.

Reach Floss - not on sale but the regular price is $1.05. I had four $1 off coupons so they were .05 each. These went straight into a bag to be donated to the food pantry at my parent's church. :)

The Kool-Aid sale continued this week. They are on sale 10/$1. The current coupon (not expiring until the end of June) is Buy 10 Get 5 Free. Now, .06 a package is good in and of itself but the cashiers have had trouble entering in this coupon both times I've used it (I picked some up last week too). Today she had to key in a generic grocery coupon for .50 (5 packages free at .10 each) but the computer doubled it so it gave me $1 off! That made the Kool-Aid .03 a package. Yay for kool-aid in the summer time!

So there you have it. That along with a few other items we needed, and a few markdowns I found, I only spent around $35 today, with a 48% savings.

This is awesome considering I went a little over budget last week with the Memorial Day sales. I do have 2 more stores to stop at this week but the items will be minimal. $1 eggs at Albertsons (we are nearly out!) and $1.99 for a 10 lb. bag of potatoes at the Byers General Store....so I think it will be a successful week all in all.

Love and unadvertised goodies!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment