Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cashiers say the funniest things

I went to Target today to look for a birthday gift for a friend's son and to also pick through the remaining Easter clearance items (now at 75% off btw).
I filled my cart, probably more than I should have, but I got some really good deals on items that I can use for next Easter as well as some toys that will be good gifts/stocking stuffers later this year. They even had some shorts that Nora can use for the next couple summers (at $1 a pair I got a couple sizes up). The cashier asked me, "You're going to hold onto all this stuff until next Easter?" Why yes, yes I am. I said, "I have 2 kids so I need to be economical".
I know I spent more than I should have but I spent $63.83 and my savings...$169.96! When the cashier told me my savings I could tell she was a little shocked. Besides some candy, I won't have to spend a dime next Easter plus I have some gifts for other kids. Not too shabby, huh?

Anyway, it just got me thinking that I am really thankful that I'm in the position to where I can store things like that. We are very blessed to have quite a bit of storage space in our house and I use it to the fullest. It's to the point where I have a box with clothes that will fit Emmett and Nora when they are 5 years old. I know that's a bit excessive, but when people give you these clothes for free it's hard to turn it down.
I know many people don't have the room to store things like we do, but if you do it is one of the biggest money saving things you can do. I can't tell you how much I save by buying things on clearance and putting them away for another time. I'm always thinking ahead for gifts for people and their children so I don't have to go to the stores and pay full price for something, if I don't have to.
I guess I let my secret out, sorry friends, I'm cheap and I try to buy your gifts cheaply. Hope you don't mind. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment