Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's the most busiest time of the year

I know that the title of this post is not a good excuse for not keeping up with my blog...but it's the only one I have right now. I've slacked on both my blogs this last month. It's not that I have nothing to blog about. I think about it frequently. The problem is actually sitting down, when inspiration hits, and being able to type out what's in my head. So here's a little bit of randomness for your reading enjoyment...

Although I've been couponing I haven't had any BIG hauls lately. There are a few treats out there to be had (like FREE Toblerone, gum and kids' potty wipes at King Soopers this week!), but between the weather and just the normal busy-ness of the season, I haven't been out and about too much away from King Soopers.

The kids and I have done a little crafting but not too much. Just coloring some wooden ornaments that I bought at JoAnn's, on clearance, after Christmas last year. We made some paper chains and hung them up in the kitchen...that's about it. I always tell myself that I'm going to get better with doing projects with my kids but Emmett's just a little too young so his attention span it pretty short (and sometimes so is my patience).

On the menu for Christmas Day...I'm hoping to start a new tradition in my family. I always grew up with the typical ham or turkey on Christmas...maybe a beef or pork roast if we were feeling fancy. Because of my husband's multiple food allergies our menu is thinned even more than normal and it seems to get repetative. So this year the Bloomfield household will be having some good ol' barbeque for Christmas Day.
I'm planning some beef brisket (planning to try this recipe in hopes of getting it right) and pulled pork (that's not too tough but I'll probably use this recipe as my guide), baked beans, corn bread, coleslaw (my mom is bringing that), scallopped potatoes...the whole nine yards. I may even cook up some fried apples if time allows.
I always love seeing other people's fun holiday traditions (like enchiladas and margaritas on Christmas Eve...totally want to steal that one) and I think it would be great to have one of our own. So we'll see how well it goes over. My family is joining us on Christmas Day (as well as Jim's younger brother who is flying in) so we'll have a nice houseful. The rest of my in-laws are coming in on the 27th and will be staying with us for a few days.

I'm looking forward to having loved ones here. I've been waiting (not so) patiently for Christmas time to arrive. Now it's back to cleaning up the house and getting my shopping list ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment