Monday, December 26, 2011

My Christmas Success

I have to brag just a little bit...and it's my blog so I'm allowed to do that.

Yesterday we hosted Christmas for my family here at our house. There was 11 of us total, including Jim's younger brother who flew in from TX that morning. As I mentioned earlier, I planned a barbeque meal instead of the traditional ham or turkey. I was really nervous, hoping and praying it would all come out well....and it did!
You can see my previous post for links to the recipes, but I made a beef brisket and followed the directions exactly (except it marinated for longer than 24 hours) and it turned out fabulous! The only thing I did differently was, after 5 hours in the oven, I took it out, sliced it, put a little BBQ sauce on it (partially to start getting the flavor and also for a "liquid") and put it in a crock pot to keep warm. I needed the oven for other things so out it went.
The pulled pork was AMAZING! I messed up and purchased the wrong cut of pork roast so I actually started it the night before and let it cook in the slow cooker for approx. 12 hours. It was FALLING off the bone. It was perfect!
I also cooked up some baked beans in a crock pot and was told by my brother in law that they were the best baked beans he's ever had! I used a recipe from the Fix It and Forget It Cookbook. Let me know if you'd like it. :)

My mom supplied some cole slaw and a jello salad, which my grandmother helped with, along with a cranberry salad. We also had au gratin potatoes, corn bread, rolls, dill pickles and olives. It was fabulous. My recipes are definatly keepers and any time I'm hosting Christmas at our house, barbeque it will be!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas filled with love, good food and good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment