Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The 90 Day Challenge

I've had a few people ask me about the Challenge I'm currently on so here I am and I'm happy to tell you all about it!

A little over a month ago I started the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge. I heard about it from a friend of mine who started doing the Challenge to lose weight and Visalus has totally changed her life! I knew that once I was done having children I did not want to keep hold of that extra baby weight. I wanted to get back into my pre-pregnancy jeans and look better than ever! So I contacted my friend Tiffany, got some more information and decided to give it a go.

I'm now 37 days into my Challenge. I've lost 4 pounds and an inch around my hips. I know those numbers aren't mind blowing but I feel like I'm really getting into the swing of it all now. Part of losing weight is making sure you are getting enough calories so your metabolism doesn't slow down, but not getting too many calories so you do lose weight. I've been working on that balance (as well as my water intake which I've never been great with and not eating that Halloween candy that taunts me so) and once I actually start exercising I'll be unstoppable!

 Even more than the pounds I've lost, I've noticed another HUGE difference in me. I was notorious for having a late afternoon crash. Around 4pm I would just hit a wall and just feel tired and worn out. That feeling wouldn't go away for a few hours and I'd probably perk back up aorund 8-9pm. That was horrible for me, especially when I had/have kids to take care of, dinner to fix and...well, a life to live. Since starting on the shakes I do not get that "crash" anymore. Even with having 2 toddlers and a 2 month old I feel great. Yes, I do feel drained by the end of the day, but when my body just keeps on trucking until bedtime THAT is a great feeling.

There are TONS of resources out there to give you information about the Body by Vi Challenge. I'd love for you to hop over to my Body By Vi site and watch the video to find out more because it can explain it to you much better than I can. You can also search YouTube and find an insane amount of resources and testimonies regarding the Challenge. If this video doesn't get you pumped to join the Challenge I don't know what will!

But here are the basics...

Although many people use the 90 Day Challenge to lose weight, there are quite a number of people who take the Challenge, and use the Vi-Shape Shake Mix to be in better shape, get fit or build lean muscle.
"» The shake mix provides complete nutrition – fast
» Helps control appetite
» Provides bone-healthy calcium
» Provides heart healthy, low fat protein
» Helps promote & maintain lean muscle mass
» Supports protein digestion and nutrient absorption
» Helps support healthy energy levels while cutting calories
» Provides fiber benefits for health protection
» Includes two unique fibers for health, and for hunger control
» Supports a low glycemic lifestyle
» Supports healthy metabolism
Each protein has been specially processed to remove fat, remove lactose, and remove carbohydrates. In addition, we have processed the soy to remove the isoflavones, so there is no estrogenic affect. The “shake mix that tastes like a cake mix” is hard to beat."

You use the shake mix as meal replacement, 2 meals a day (most people have it for breakfast and lunch), have 2 healthy snacks and a sensible dinner.

Now, I NEVER thought I would be someone who would drink shakes for a meal replacement. I love food and I did not want to give that up. HOWEVER, the shake mix is awesome. It has it's own sweet cream flavor so you don't even have to add much to it for it to taste great but there are pages and pages of recipes out there where you can create your own shakes (strawberry, blueberry, Almond Joy, Butterfinger, Peanut Butter Cup!....). It's nice to have such a variety of options so you don't feel like you're drinking the same thing over and over again.

The cost...it all depends on which kit you buy. There are multiple options but I picked up the Shape Kit because I felt like that would be best in my situation. I haven't had anyone join me on the Challenge yet (it's always best to do things like this with friends, right?) but if I get 3 people to join with me then I can get my kits for FREE!!! And so can you! Now that definatly makes it affordable. Who doesn't like FREE? (and you know me...I'm ALL about free, lol)

What I think is cool is how many celebrities are on the Challenge. Because, again, it's not just about weight loss. Many people use the shake mix to just maintain their weight, get that extra protein boost and just get themselves into better shape. Personal trainers, gym owners and fitness professionals promote the Challenge because of the results. There are many professional athletes doing it as well. Even rocker Chris Daughtry tweets about his Challenge here and check THIS out!

No, the shake mix isn't going to give you a 6 pack but it's all a part of a lifestyle of being the best YOU that you can be. I'm getting there...I'm not a gym rat but I do love to dance so I'm hoping to get out and get some fitness on doing Zumba.

So that's my rambling. If you want more information about ViSalus Sciences and the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge I encourage you to contact me. If I don't have the answer I am a part of an amazing team of people, with my fearless leader Tiffany, who can help you out.

And just for the record...this is my official "before" shot...


It's oh so flattering, I know...but it's me...at least that was me 37 days ago.

Love and challenging myself,

Stephanie


1 comment: