Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!


It's been a while, I know. I intended to post on New Years Eve but since we celebrated one of our family Christmas' that day I was just too wiped out to do it.

December seemed to fly by so fast! Where did the time go? I think a lot of us feel that way sometimes but, honestly, how is time going so quickly? It seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating Christmas and telling our families that we were going to have another baby. Now here it is, a year later, and we have a 5 month old!

We had a really wonderful holiday season. It was filled with activites and gatherings that lasted until just a couple days ago. I'm just now getting Christmas decorations taken down and trying to get back on track with things that have taken a backseat.

Goals for the new year? Of course I have them. They are probably just like most resolutions that people make....get more organized, be a better mother and wife, get in shape...yada yada. Specifically....I need to get rid of some of the "stuff" around this house and what I am keeping needs to be better organized.
I do want to work on being a better mother and wife. I've decided that being "just fine" is not ok with me. I want to be better than fine, better than average....I have high expectations for myself. The problem with that is that if I fall, I fall that much farther but I'm willing to raise the bar anyway.
I want to spend more time educating my children and playing with them. I want to get them involved in things around the house...things they already yearn to do such as cooking and help with chores. I plan to challenge myself with my cooking and learn to make more things from scratch and be better with freezer cooking and meal planning. I owe it to not just my children and husband but to myself.

As for my body, these last few months I did the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge. My challenge goal was to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight by Christmas. With all of the holidays, and some slacking off, I didn't quite make my goal by Christmas, however I did make it by New Years. Yep, according to the scale, I am back to my weight when I became pregnant with Leona! Woohoo!
Unfortunatly, as many of us know, muscle weighs more than fat so the scale isn't the best representation of how I look and I am what I like to call "skinny fat". I'm slim, and back in my size 4 jeans, but I am really soft and...well, still fat. So my next 90 day challenge goal is to get into better shape....lose that fat and gain some muscle.

All in all, life is good. I'm very blessed and I have so much to be thankful for. This last year was a real eye opener for me in many ways. I feel like I learned a lot about myself...what I want, what I need, who I really am. Now that we are done having children I am ready to take my completed family and do the best I can for them, and for myself. Even though I haven't been consistant with my blog, I hope you continue the journey with me. I plan to be better with updating this as well. :)

Love and being slimmer and better,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment