Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cancer sucks

Sorry, but there is no other way to put it.

My mom is a breast cancer survivor and I thank my lucky stars that she is doing so well. My father was diagnosed very recently with prostate cancer. After having his prostate removed, he is currently cancer free since all the cancer was inside the prostate itself.
My aunt Anita is currently going through a major cancer treament. I pray for her daily in hopes that she withstands the treaments and the recovery. They around doing major doses of chemotherapy and she is having a stem cell transplant this week.

I have other family members, and friends, who have had cancer and cancer scares. I have friends who have lost family members and friends to this horrible disease. I'm now reaching out to talk about another lovely lady in need.

Her name is Tina Adler. I've only met her a couple times, but she is a friend of a friend and a rediculously sweet person. She was VERY recently diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer. The cancer is the size of a nerf football and it's also in her liver, bones and lymph nodes. She just had surgery yesterday to remove the mass, and her kidney.
If you pray, or even if you don't, please send good thoughts her way. If you can skip a Starbucks or two, her brother has made a donation site to help pay for the medical costs. You can find it here: http://pledgie.com/campaigns/9193
You can also find her site at CaringBridge here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tinaadler

(sorry, I can't figure out how to get the clicky links to work)

No comments:

Post a Comment