Monday, July 26, 2010

I heart Verizon

There have been a few times when I've been a bit irritated with the cost of cell phones and cell phone plans, especially considering how much we use them now a days. I've had Verizon as my carrier since, gosh, 2002 I think. I just never wanted to take the energy to change to someone else but now that we are out in the country, I'm glad I never changed. We actually have decent cell service out here, except some times in our basement, and other people who come out usually don't have any service at all. So, because of coverage we are sticking with Verizon.

If you don't know, Verizon has a deal called "new every 2" where you can get a new cell phone every two years. Mine was coming up on Sept. 2nd and I was SO excited for that. I currently have a flip phone with a non-qwerty keyboard. It was fine for me back when I got it because I didn't text much at all. Now I text frequently so it's kind of a pain. I was resigned to getting my phone in another month+ until my current phone started acting up. Something is loose with the battery connection and it shuts off frequently. I decided to go online and see what I could get without the discount. THEN I decided to call Verizon and see what happens. I'm so glad I did!

I talked to a very nice rep. and told him my situation. After putting me on hold and talking with his supervisor I was able to get my "new every 2" discount date changed to TODAY! Online discounts are usually better than buying in the store, so I went to the website and got myself a new phone. I didn't get a smartphone, although I could have, but I found a multimedia phone with the best reviews and now it's mine. I will be the proud (I hope) owner of the Samsung Reality in City Red.

Woohoo! So just remember that making a phone call can really pay off. I know in reality I only saved myself $20, but that's still $20 and I should get my phone tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment