Sunday, February 28, 2010

A day to pray

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."


I could say this quote constantly over the course of a day and only hope it would help make me a better person. My patience is lacking, constantly. I know that it's all about finding that balance. About knowing what I can change and what I cannot. I need to let go of some of the control that I feel I need to have. I can only control myself...control my own actions and my reactions. I can guide and help mold someone else, but change...not really...but that's how it should be, right?


In my prayers this week...my aunt Anita. They harvested her stem cells a few days ago and will be doing the transfer this next week. I can only pray that her body will have the strength to make it though all of this.
My friend Katey lost her mother to ovarian cancer last week. Since my own mother is a breast cancer survivor, having a friend lose her mother to cancer hits very close to home. I cannot imagine the pain of her loss.


"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment