Thursday, January 20, 2011

I know that I'm a little sensitive

And I know other people can be too so I wanted to clarify my post about my hair.

I don't want you to think that I think that women (mom's in particular, since that's what I was referring to with me) with short hair are lame. Short hair looks SUPER SUPER cute on a LOT of people. Having 2 kids of my own, I can see why some women cut their hair short after they have kids. You usually don't have a lot of time to maintain yourself. That's why I was cutting mine shorter to begin with.
Because of how my hair is, a little wavy but not really curly anymore, I HAVE to do something with it. If I just wash it and let it go. I either have to work to make it curlier or straighten it...which is usually my choice. The longer my hair is, the longer it takes to straighten. I also feel like when my hair is curlier I look younger. To some people that would be a bonus but I look younger than I am and I don't always feel like that is a plus. I actually wouldn't mind looking my age...but that's a whole other post.

The point is, if you have short hair and are reading this, I don't think you are lame or your hair is lame. It's just me and my perception on myself. I've always had long(er) hair (except for a tragic 2 years in high school) and I loved it. It's just that the maintenance was getting harder and I'm sure people were bored seeing me with a ponytail (I know *I* was). So who knows what will happen. Maybe I'll keep it shoulder length, maybe I'll grow it back out.

I just didn't want you to be offended, thinking that I felt negatively towards short haired women.

No comments:

Post a Comment