Saturday, January 14, 2012

BBQ recipes

I had some requests to post the recipes that I used on Christmas Day. It's a little late, but here they are...

Bangin' Smokey Beef Brisket

I used the recipe as shown. The only changes I made where that mine marinated more than 24 hours. I orginally planned to put them in a slow cooker but decided not to (partially because I don't have 2 large slow cookers) so they stayed in the refrigerator longer.
Because I did need to free up my oven for the potatoes and corn bread (both box mixes so no need to post those recipes, lol), I pulled the brisket out when it was done, sliced it, put a little bit of BBQ sauce on it and put it in a slow cooker to stay warm. They turned out fabulous!

Sarge's EZ Pulled Pork BBQ

This recipe is killer and, as you can see, so simple! Because I did end up buying the wrong cut of meat (I think mine was a shoulder roast) I wanted to make sure it cooked long enough to be tender. I started mine around 10pm the night before and let it cook all night. Around 11am (or maybe a little before) I pulled it out and it was falling apart! I shredded it, added a little bit of BBQ sauce (and some water for liquid) and put it back in the slow cooker to stay warm. Heaven!

Barbecued Baked Beans
(from the "Fix It and Forget It 5-Ingredient Favorites" cookbook)

6 slices uncooked bacon, cut into pieces
2 15oz cans pork and beans
1 tsp. dry mustard, or 1 tbsp prepared mustard (I don't remember which one I used)
1/2 cup ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar

1. Brown bacon in a non-stick skillet until crispy. Drain
2. Mix with all remaining ingredients in the slow cooker
3. Cover and cook on High for 3 hours. Remove cover during the last 30 minutes to allow some of the juice to cook off.

I made this just as directed and was told they were the best baked beans some people had ever had. Definatly a keeper and super easy.

Hope you try these out whenever you have a BBQ craving.  Oh, and just an FYI, we LOVE Stubb's BBQ sauce (and marinades). It's soooo good.


Love and good BBQ

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment