Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Deep Thoughts

Since I will be in a car most of my birthday I thought I'd write a few thoughts about turning 36. Yes, that's right, I'm turning 36.

That just sounds old. I know it's not, and no offense to those of you who are older than me, but there is something about this birthday that is making me feel old. Some people have problems with the decade birthdays (and yes I did too) but this one...I don't know...just seems different.

I think it's because I passed over that threshold of being in my early 30's...heck I'm even moving out of my mid-30's. And that's exactly it. Being 35 seems a little cooler than being 36. 36 is just that much closer to 40.

I guess the one thing I have going for me is that I don't look my age. I have been told, by a couple different people recently, that they thought I was in my late 20's. I know that most people would LOVE to hear that but some times it bugs me. I don't think I'm taken seriously very often because I look young. The bags under my eyes and the wrinkles I'm starting to get tell a different story...and that story has been told by 2 beautiful children.
Maybe it's how I dress...but I'm not ready to shop out of my mom's closet (no offense mom). I like feeling young (even though I usually feel like I'm about 80) and so I express that feeling by how I dress and my makeup. I've always wanted to be one of those cool, hip moms. I wanted to be a young mom (at least I thought I did when I was growing up) so I guess I'll settle for being a young looking mom.

So as Thursday comes I will spend some time, while on the road with my family, reflecting on the past year and the year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment